Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sitka!

So, this weekend, furthering my attempts to be the best bookclub hostess ever, I visited the Museum of Natural History and took a bunch of pictures of traditional Tlingit clothing and weapons. Weapons perhaps not unlike Berko's hammer. But I can't figure out how to get these pictures off my phone and onto blogger, so you all might just have to pass my phone around at bookclub. So, is anybody out there reading the book? Preliminary thoughts from anyone besides me and Ami?

4 comments:

Shek Baker said...

I'm almost done, which is good, since Ami's reading it after me. I hate to talk about a book before I'm done reading this, but I will say that this is my first Chabon book and I generally like his metaphors a lot.

Megan said...

I LOVE his metaphors! I think his writing is super peachy.

Megan said...

Also, AMI! You haven't started the book yet????
You are my co-leader!!!

Get ON IT.

Ami said...

I've blocked off all of Thursday and Friday for reading this book. I'm gonna get it done!