Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Charles Bock Reading June 18th


Even more extra credit!

Charles Bock will be reading in NYC on June 18th at Housing Works, starting at 7 PM. Housing Works is a great little bookstore in Soho that sells booze, which of course means members of this book club can attend this literary event without worrying about a bad case of the DT's.

I'll be headed over for sure, and possibly even taking notes for the blog. If anyone else is interested, hit me up in the comments. A critical mass means we can even meet up for happy hour at Botanica beforehand.

*Sidenote: I found this information while perusing the website for Beautiful Children. I was actually trying to get to the bio information, but the stupid Easter eggs got in my way and I wound up in the events page. I have to say, that website kind of made me want to punch someone in the face. Cripes. I suppose it might be good if you somehow accidentally stumbled on it and had NO idea what the book was, but as far as going with the intention of, I don't know, securing information on the author or the novel, it's a no-go.

4 comments:

Megan said...

If I can't find something better to do ON MY BIRTHDAY, I will accompany you. However, there has been some talk at my place of employ of taking me out for Karaoke.

Megan said...

Why did you even link to that stupid site? Why did I click? Now I want to punch somebody too. Loud music popping up, not cool!

Ami said...

I couldn't help it. It was not possible for me to deal with that site on my own.

Perhaps a reading and then karaoke? Very NoBrow!

Alexis S. said...

If you don't have the book yet, and like me, can't attend this reading, I just found it at The Strand for half price. They have at least 6 copies on one of the Fiction tables in the back.