Friday, January 9, 2009

January Book Club

I am blogging this live from Brooklyn, New York, the location of the next book club meeting, which will be held the 25th of this month. My neighborhood is called Gravesend, so I've selected a frighteningly appropriate book, The Little Disturbances of Man by Grace Paley. It's about ghouls and witches! Just kidding, it's about Jews.

If you haven't started reading, you only have two weeks to go, but since the book is less than 200 pages long, NO PROBLEM! You can read that much in only 13 days. Or you can read one story and fake it, you faking fake.

Anyway, prepare yourself for some stuff that I'll make, like tea. Tea is definitely on the menu.

2 comments:

Megan said...

So this book about Jews... will the Yiddish we learned last year for the Chabon come in handy?

I know I'm revealing that I haven't started yet, but I promise it will be done by Sunday. I've just been waiting for my local independent bookstore to receive a copy from their warehouse!

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I've been drinking a lot of tea with scotch in it, and I think that's a good idea for this book club.

If you make this tea -
http://bit.ly/HFJC - with White Horse scotch the drink is called a 'Mabel.'