Friday, February 22, 2008

This Is What We Call A Win-Win

Okay, I know we are all publishing types who have yet to hit it big in terms of $$$. However, I think there is something you should all know about:

These are available for sale from the blog The Written Nerd, which is written by Jessica Stockton Bagnulo, aka the events coordinator for McNally Robinson,* aka someone who was incredibly friendly to me and Josh when we met her earlier this year at a mixer (even though we had both been drinking two-for-one red wines for the better part of the evening at Botanica and were, as they say, feeling no pain).

ANYWAY, Jessica is working to get funding for a bookstore that she's planning to open up in Brooklyn--in *our* Brooklyn: Prospect Heights, or PLG, or maybe even South Slope. There's more about her business plan here. The money she raises from these shirts will help make the store a reality so that we won't have to trek so far to pick up our book club selections--it's a win-win!

I will be wearing my Book Nerd shirt to April's book club. And I hope that you all will be too! (How nerdy is that???)

* I always post to this section of the McNally Robinson website because I kind of can't process all the conflicting feelings it brings up in my on my own, and I want other people to have to read it, too. LOVE the bookstore...classism I am not so fond of.

2 comments:

MDD said...

I can also attest to Jessica's incredible friendliness, as she is good friends with my roommate. She was even over on Christmas!

And from what little I know, she seems more likely than anyone of making an independent bookstore work. I plan on buying a shirt so that I can wear it to my interview when she opens up her store.

Josh said...

Yeah, way to go Jessica! Brooklyn could most certainly use another great bookstore!