Friday, February 29, 2008

Wondrous Book Club March 30!


Our March pick is The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.

I for one, am very excited to read this one... as it was on numerous Best Books of the Year lists...

PW said: "Junot Diaz's dark and exuberant first novel makes a compelling case for the multiperspectival view of a life, wherein an individual cannot be known or understood in isolation from the history of his family and his nation"


I'll email the directions/address, but you will have to trek to Astoria (it doesn't really take THAT long). And there will be delicious Paula Deen French Toast Casserole Yumminess (With extra butter and cream of course).

3 comments:

Ami said...

Color me excited both for french toast and Junot Diaz! Good call on both, Alexis!

One thing--I've started reading the book, and since I don't speak Spanish, I have a few questions.

Can anyone in the book club offer to serve as a translator for some of the more colorful-seeming phrases?

Ami said...

Seriously, is it terrible that I basically skipped the footnotes in this book? I kind of feel like an asshole.

Megan said...

ami, the footnotes were one of the best parts of this book. If you haven't already, you should go back and read them!