Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday Afternoon



I want to thank everyone for coming to Sunday's book club meeting. I had a really fun time and I'm glad the book was well received and managed to serve as a basis for a good discussion. As I think I mentioned today, the book has pretty much everything but zombies.

I took a few pictures and figured I should post them to the blog.

I know there was nothing Polynesian about the book but I do love a chance to break out the tiki mugs. I think learning a few good drink recipes is the next step.



Shek made fantastic guacamole. Apparently, it's the only thing people in California eat.



After we finished talking about the book a few games of Apples to Apples were played. I think Ami threw down a card for "body surfing." No one gave her points for that! Shame on that person for not letting the book's theme tie into our game.

I hope everyone had a good time and I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

2 comments:

Shek Baker said...

A fine book club. I wanna say again I'm sorry for almost burning down the place over Apples to Apples. I apologize to Megan, Marc, everyone else in attendance, Ft. Greene, the Mattel corporation, and Megan again.

Ami said...

Kem Nunn: if you are reading this blog, please know that I understand that body surfing is different than normal surfing. I just really needed to win that round of Apples to Apples.

PS What is the tattoo that Preston is getting in the last scene in the tattoo parlor???