Monday, November 12, 2007

December Book: American Born Chinese

All you lovers of the Monkey King (of which there are apparently quite a few in our group) take heart, the December selection for the book club will be American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang! The book is what those in the 'biz call a graphic novel, so hopefully there aren't too many members of the book club scared off by books with pictures in 'em.

The meeting will be at my place this time, within the historic "Kensington District" of Brooklyn on Sunday, December 16th. Obviously, this being so close to Christmas, beware of my patented "Landon's Own Egg Nog." The special ingredient is...poison! No, wait, I mean whiskey. Yeah, definitely whiskey. Not poison. That would be ridiculous.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I'm very excited to read this selection.

Plus, great book club meeting yesterday, everyone!!!

Shek Baker said...

Great meeting. You can tell by how exhausted I am.

Josh, where is the best place to find this selection? I've called Toys R Us, Bank Street, the children's section at Barnes and Noble...nobody seems to carry it.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Dude, you've got to go to Kay Bee Toys. Duh.

You should probably, however, be able to pick it up at Borders or B & N or whatnot. Amazon definitely has it, too.

Shek Baker said...

Oh sweet! A deleted comment is usually a sign of a "spirited" online conversation.

I ordered it used from an Amazon seller. When I got the confirmation email, it told me that standard shipping takes "1-3 weeks (sometimes up to a month)." Or a year. Or never.

Megan said...

whoever deleted that comment should 'fess up. it is driving me crazy. What did it say???

Alexis said...

Just got my copy today! Looking forward to reading it - and looking forward to the egg nog! It's so disgusting but I can't help loving it.