Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Well, at Least Everyone Liked the Monkey King

I have a confession to make: I kind of forgot about taking photos at this last book club.

BUT, I think that's okay, because this bulleted list of fantastic things about the book club will probably make up for it:
  • General Tso's Chicken
  • Mimosas
  • Orange Chicken
  • Wild Turkey
  • Three kinds of dumplings
  • White Wine (in a box)
  • Brownies made from scratch
  • Treats from Flower Fruit Island
  • Homemade Cookies
  • (Did I mention the Wild Turkey?)
Despite the fact that most of us found the book to be only so-so, I was pretty impressed by the level of discourse and now I am a lot less mad about last month and how everyone totally dissed my favorite book of the year at the last book club.

Book Clubbers: what is this post missing? Did I forget anything?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only Chinese-themed foodstuffs you forgot, Ami, was the tea. I remember the name of that smoky, tobacco-y tea now: Lapsang Souchong. Next time, we'll have to mix it with the Wild Turkey.